Kamis, 19 Maret 2026

Mrs. Legend Chapter 374

Chapter 374: How Do You Want to Dispose of Me 

Gu Yuan looked at Che Xiunan, who was walking in, and suppressed his anger, saying coldly, "Che Xiunan, I remember saying before we got married that you are not allowed to enter my study without my permission."

Che Xiunan restrained his emotions. "Sorry, I just wanted to confirm whether the terrorist attack was your doing, whether you were the one who let them into Central Asia. I'll leave once I'm sure."

This terrorist attack had caused their Che family to lose a major general and more than ten field-grade officers. The Che family was now extremely furious and vowed to find out who had let the terrorists into the assembly hall.

Gu Yuan asked calmly, "Why do you think it was me?"

If it were in the past, he would have readily admitted to doing it. But in this attack, the Che family had lost over ten excellent officers.

If he admitted it now, not only would Che Xiunan not let him off, but the entire Che family would also do everything they could to destroy him.

Che Xiunan said bluntly, "As long as the terrorists kill Wang Yuan and Mei Zhenqiu, you can take the position of Grand General, isn't that right?"

Gu Yuan retorted, "In your eyes, am I really that unscrupulous? Then let me ask you, are Wang Yuan and Mei Zhenqiu dead?"

Che Xiunan remained suspicious. "Are you sure it really wasn't you?"

Gu Yuan said in a deep voice, "I am absolutely sure it wasn't me. You have your answer now, you can leave."

"That's good to hear. Sorry for the interruption." Che Xiunan withdrew from the room, closing the door behind him.

But Gu Yuan collapsed onto the sofa like a deflated balloon, opening his optical brain to check military news.

The news was still covering the attack on the assembly hall, and Feng Jingteng—who had led a large team of stealth mechs to rescue numerous officers—had become the center of attention across the entire Star Network.

"Feng Jingteng." Gu Yuan gritted his teeth and spat out the name, his eyes bloodshot, wishing he could take a knife and slash the handsome face on the light screen a few times.

It was his own nephew again who had ruined his plans. If not for Feng Jingteng, the terrorists would surely have killed Wang Yuan and Mei Zhenqiu.

Unwilling to accept it no matter how he thought about it, Gu Yuan picked up his communicator and dialed the previous number, deciding to transfer 500 million credit points to them, as long as they helped him eliminate the person he never wanted to see again.

Unexpectedly, the call wouldn't go through.

Gu Yuan looked at the communicator, puzzled. Just then, a news alert popped up on the Star Network: "Leader of Terrorists Finally Captured."

He was stunned for a moment and quickly opened the news. Five minutes ago, Feng Jingteng had led his team into the terrorist leader's lair, successfully capturing the terrorist leader alive, along with over a hundred minor chieftains, more than a thousand squad leaders, and countless ordinary terrorists.

With a 'clatter', the communicator in Gu Yuan's hand unconsciously fell to the floor. He murmured, "Captured so quickly..."

Will I be exposed?

Suddenly, the communicator on the floor rang, making Gu Yuan jump.

Seeing the name displayed on the communicator, he quickly pulled himself together and answered, saying in a deep voice, "Didn't I tell you not to contact me unless it's absolutely necessary?"

"G-General Gu... please, save me! The military has already found out it was me who let the terrorists through the two checkpoints into Central Asia and the assembly hall. I... I don't want to go to prison... I..."

Gu Yuan was horrified. He didn't say a word and hung up immediately.

His face was now pale and bloodless, fine beads of sweat forming on his forehead, and the hand holding the communicator trembled incessantly.

They had already found the officer who let the terrorists into Central Asia and the assembly hall; it wouldn't be long before they traced it back to him.

He couldn't let himself be caught. He had to leave before he was discovered.

Gu Yuan suddenly jumped up and walked out of the study in a panic.

Entering the living room, he saw Che Xiunan watching the news about the terrorist leader's capture.

Che Xiunan looked at the flustered Gu Yuan suspiciously. "Where are you going?"

Gu Yuan didn't answer and walked straight towards the door.

At that moment, the butler walked in with ten military officers.

The lead officer produced a golden document and presented it to Gu Yuan. "General Gu, we are investigators from the Military Court. We suspect you and your partner of colluding with terrorists. This is an arrest warrant. Please come with us for investigation."

Gu Yuan stared at the arrest warrant before him, his mind going completely blank.

How is this possible? 

How did they connect it back to me so fast?

Che Xiunan, who was on the sofa, suddenly stood up, staring at them in shock. "Are you mistaken? How could we possibly collude with terrorists?"

"Whether it's true or false, you'll know after you come back with us for investigation."

Che Xiunan quickly took out his communicator to report the situation to the Che family, then followed Gu Yuan into the Military Court's hovercar to undergo investigation.

That evening, a shocking story broke in the military news: the reason the terrorists were able to infiltrate Central Asia and attack senior officers in the assembly hall was because Gu Yuan and Che Xiunan had secretly colluded with them, allowing the terrorists entry.

Moreover, the evidence was conclusive, including records of Che Xiunan's bank transfers to the terrorists, as well as communication logs and recordings between Gu Yuan and the terrorists.

When the Che family learned of Che Xiunan's involvement, they were furious. They immediately cut ties with him, announcing publicly that he was expelled from the Che family effective immediately, and that anything he did from now on had nothing to do with them.

However, the matter was not over.

For the next half month, officers who had been close to Gu Yuan, including Pang Rongli, Han Shen, Feng Run, and others, were all discharged from the military and imprisoned.

Those unaware simply thought these officers had committed some wrongdoing, but those in the know understood that someone wouldn't tolerate them remaining in the military and had used every means to bring them down.

On the day of Gu Yuan's trial, Feng Jingteng went to see him in the Military Court's prison.

Gu Yuan sat in a corner of the cell, disheveled, unshaven, wearing the court's special prison uniform, looking utterly dejected.

He stared at Feng Jingteng outside the cell and asked, his voice dark and gloomy, "Seeing me locked up here, in such a miserable state, are you happy?"

Feng Jingteng was silent.

"Feng Jingteng, how have I wronged you? I brought you back from Z City, gave you good food and clothes, and worked hard to train you. If not for me, you wouldn't be where you are today; you'd probably still be scavenging for food in Z City."

The more Gu Yuan spoke, the angrier he got. He jumped up, eyes blazing with fury, rushed to the cell door, and roared, "Feng Jingteng, I am your own uncle! Yet you help outsiders deal with me? Do you have any conscience at all? I really raised you for nothing! If I'd known, I would have raised a dog; at least it would be more loyal than you."

Feng Jingteng's eyelids twitched slightly. "Uncle, I haven't forgotten, and I won't forget, your kindness in raising me. Perhaps you think I'm an ungrateful wolf, but everything I did was for your own good, Uncle."

"For my own good?" Gu Yuan looked at Feng Jingteng with sarcasm and roared, "Me being locked up in here, you call that for my own good? Tell me, how exactly is this 'good' for me?"

Feng Jingteng looked directly into his red-rimmed, vicious eyes. "At least you're no longer blinded by fame and fortune. At least you haven't ended up discarding even your family in the pursuit of power and status."

Gu Yuan glared at him. "You..."

Feng Jingteng calmly interrupted him. "Uncle, you once said you were my closest relative. But did you ever consider that my son is also my relative, bound by an even deeper blood relation, closer to me than you are? Yet, you asked me to give up my son for your grand ambitions, to let you use my son for your experiments. So, can I not also give up on my uncle for the people I want to protect?"

Gu Yuan: "..."

"Uncle, do you still remember the last question I asked you at the military funeral?"

After so many days, how could Gu Yuan possibly remember what Feng Jingteng had asked.

Seeing that he couldn't recall, Feng Jingteng continued, "I asked you then, if the Mei family fell into your hands, how would you deal with them."

Reminded of it now, Gu Yuan remembered the question. He recalled his answer: "Cut the weeds and dig up the roots." 

"You said, 'Cut the weeds and dig up the roots.' But when I asked my partner the same question, do you know what he said?"

Feng Jingteng smiled faintly as he spoke. "He said he would hand you over to me to deal with. Comparing his answer with yours made it very clear to me whose side I should be on."

Gu Yuan sneered. "And you actually believed that?"

Feng Jingteng's smile faded, and he looked seriously at Gu Yuan. "I believe him, because he kept his word. After you had the terrorists bomb the parking area where the Mei family's hovercars were kept, causing the death of 108 Mei family officers, he endured tremendous pressure and blame from the entire Mei family, knelt before the Mei family's patriarch, and begged to be allowed to hand you over to me for judgment."

Gu Yuan opened his mouth in surprise but found himself speechless for a moment.

No wonder, ever since he was locked up here, neither the Che family had come to cause trouble for him, nor had any member of the Mei family appeared. So it was his nephew shielding him all along.

"How do you want to dispose of me?" Gu Yuan asked hoarsely.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar