Jumat, 13 Maret 2026

Mrs. Legend Chapter 368

Chapter 368: Re-electing the Grand General

Mei Chuanqi was video chatting with his partner, who was hiding in the bathroom of a top-tier hotel, when he received the video.

"Dear, I don't want to hide these things from you either, but you're pregnant. I'm worried that hearing about these things will upset you and harm your health." Feng Jingteng watched his partner's expression carefully as he cautiously explained about the photos and his conversation with Gu Yuan at the military funeral.

Mei Chuanqi glared at him. "What else are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing else. So, no matter what photos my uncle sends you, just ignore them."

As soon as Feng Jingteng finished speaking, Mei Chuanqi's communicator beeped.

He opened it and saw another message from an unknown ID.

This time, it wasn't a photo, but a video. Soon, low, pleasurable moaning came from the video.

Feng Jingteng: "..."

Mei Chuanqi: "..."

Feng Jingteng rubbed his forehead. "Chuanqi, you wouldn't watch porn while I'm away, would you?"

Mei Chuanqi frowned at the video.

He forwarded the video to Feng Jingteng's communicator. "See for yourself."

Feng Jingteng opened it. In the dimly lit video, two people were having sex. The one positioned on the bottom, facing the camera, looked very similar to his partner.

With a 'smack', he quickly turned off the disgusting video, unable to bear watching someone who looked like his partner doing that in bed with another person.

"Chuanqi, that person in the video isn't me. I had Lu Kun and the others find someone to impersonate me. That person only resembled me from behind." Feng Jingteng explained.

He had long anticipated that Gu Yuan would put an aphrodisiac in his drink, which was why he had Lu Kun and the others find someone with a similar build to replace him in the lounge.

Moreover, if he hadn't done this, his uncle wouldn't have been able to believe him.

Mei Chuanqi said bluntly, "Even if it wasn't you, it still makes me uncomfortable just watching it."

He touched his belly. "Even the little one here feels uncomfortable."

Feng Jingteng asked anxiously, "Are you alright? Should you go to the medical room for a check-up? Actually, it might be better to have Captain Sun make a house call to examine you."

Seeing how worried Feng Jingteng was about him, Mei Chuanqi felt a warm, happy feeling inside, and the discomfort vanished without a trace. "No need, I'll be fine after a night's rest. I won't chat with you anymore. Goodnight."

After hanging up, Feng Jingteng immediately made a decision: once all this was over, he would send Zhong Gexin to a plastic surgery clinic to be made to look like an alien beast.

The wedding banquet ended, and Feng Jingteng immediately found an excuse to return to the military.

Zhong Gexin only dragged his tired, aching body out of the lounge early the next morning after the wedding banquet.

The lovemaking the previous night had been intense and rough. The other party showed no mercy whatsoever, just kept f*cking him relentlessly until he passed out.

When he woke up, his body was covered in marks from the night's passion. White fluids stained the bed and his body, clearly showing that the other party hadn't helped clean him up while he was unconscious, nor had he applied any medicine.

"Gexin, how was it last night?" Zhong Shuangxing saw Zhong Gexin as soon as he stepped out of his room and walked over joyfully.

Zhong Gexin thought about the passion of the previous night, and a blush crept onto his face.

Seeing the look on his face, Zhong Shuangxing could tell it must have been intense, and smiled happily. "As long as you get pregnant with Lieutenant General Feng's child, the Grand General definitely won't treat us poorly."

Zhong Gexin, recalling Feng Jingteng's handsome, resolute face, couldn't help but touch his own abdomen, beginning to hope that it might carry that man's child.

After the Diluoya Grand General's wedding banquet, the entire military sphere was churning with undercurrents, especially during the trial of Zhou Zhonglin, which stirred up a huge wave.

In the news, it was originally reported that Zhou Zhonglin had ordered the early firing of the ion cannon because he was concerned about preventing excessive mech warrior casualties. However, in the military court, Zhou Zhonglin changed his story, claiming that Grand General Gu ordered him to fire early and bomb the Princess Consort of Sylvan Planet to provoke a war between the two planets, providing an opportunity to eliminate those unfavorable to him.

People of Diluoya Planet were furious upon hearing this 'truth'. Such a person was unfit to be their planet's Grand General, and they clamored for the military to re-elect the Grand General.

This sudden turn of events caught Gu Yuan off guard.

During a recess in the trial, Zhou Zhonglin even agreed to an interview with a reporter.

"Major General Zhou, why did you suddenly change your testimony during the trial? Was someone threatening you, causing you to change your story?"

"I can assure everyone, absolutely no one threatened me. If I hadn't received the Grand General's order at that time, would a mere major general like me dare to disobey orders and bombard a Zerg Planet?"

"But why didn't you reveal the truth then, and only disclose the real reason on the day of the trial?"

"I didn't reveal the truth at the time because Grand General Gu had assured me that firing this shot would absolutely not lead to my discharge from the military, nor threaten my current rank, and that I wouldn't go to jail. But what's the reality? I believe everyone can see my current situation. Besides, if I had spoken out then, the Grand General would surely have sent someone to kill me. That's why I only revealed it publicly on the day of the trial."

The reporter asked again, "Then, Major General Zhou, aren't you afraid of being silenced now that you've spoken out?"

Zhou Zhonglin smiled. "Of course I'm afraid. If I end up silenced one day, it will definitely be on the Grand General's orders."

Gu Yuan, who was watching the military news, slammed his hand down, turning off the video. Furious, he picked up his communicator and called Major General Han. "What's going on with Zhou Zhonglin? Why did he suddenly change his story?"

Major General Han wiped the cold sweat from his forehead. "I don't know either. After Zhou Zhonglin was arrested, forget about contacting him, I haven't even had a chance to see him. Grand General, could it be that someone bought him off while he was in custody?"

Gu Yuan's face darkened. Suddenly thinking of Feng Jingteng, he ended the call with Major General Han and directly dialed Feng Jingteng's number. "Jingteng, while Zhou Zhonglin was in your custody, do you know if anyone visited him?"

"No." Feng Jingteng said flatly. "During his detention, no one was allowed to see Zhou Zhonglin. Even soldiers delivering food weren't permitted to stay in the cell for more than ten seconds."

Gu Yuan's face grew increasingly ugly. He hesitated, then asked, "Jingteng, could it be that you..."

Feng Jingteng's voice turned cold. "Uncle, you wouldn't be suspecting me, would you?"

Gu Yuan quickly denied it. "No, I know it wasn't you. The only ones who want to pull me down from the position of Grand General are the Mei family. Now that this has blown up so big, someone will definitely impeach me, leading to a re-election. Oh, right, Jingteng, do you remember Zhong Gexin?"

Feng Jingteng frowned. "I remember."

"He's pregnant."

Feng Jingteng was stunned for a moment.

Counting the days, time had indeed flown by. Nearly a month had passed since Gu Yuan's wedding.

His partner was also nearly two months pregnant. In another eight months, he would be a father again.

Just thinking about it excited Feng Jingteng, and his tone involuntarily softened. "Is that so?"

Hearing the change in his tone, Gu Yuan chuckled. "He says... it's your child."

Feng Jingteng narrowed his eyes. "I understand. I'll find time to see him."

"I still have matters to attend to, so I won't say more. I'll hang up now."

After Feng Jingteng ended the call with Gu Yuan, Mei Chuanqi, who was sitting beside him, immediately leaned over. "Did you make Zhou Zhonglin suddenly change his story and get him on our side?"

Feng Jingteng hummed in acknowledgment.

Mei Chuanqi was very curious. "How did you get him to suddenly change his testimony and stand with you?"

"I just analyzed the current situation for him. If he continued to stand with my uncle, what would his fate be? I don't need to spell it out. Li Bing and Yu Tianyi are the best examples. Especially the bombing of Yu Tianyi on the main road—without my uncle's approval, would Yang Changzheng have had the guts to commit murder on the street? So, I believe Zhou Zhonglin also knows my uncle's ruthless methods. If he's smart, he'll choose to stand with us. At least he'll have some guarantee."

Mei Chuanqi sighed softly.

When he first met Gu Yuan, he thought the man was amiable. He never expected to have misjudged him so badly.

Feng Jingteng said, "Just now, my uncle said Zhong Gexin is pregnant."

Mei Chuanqi raised an eyebrow. "Pregnant from just one night?"

"Whether he's actually pregnant or not, his real intention is to tell me to stand by his side. It's also a form of veiled threat."

"So, what are you going to do next?"

Feng Jingteng rubbed his hair and said nothing.

Mei Chuanqi didn't press further. Pushing the issue would only be stirring up Feng Jingteng's inner conflict. If it weren't absolutely necessary, he wouldn't want to have to deal with his own uncle either.

After Zhou Zhonglin's trial, Gu Yuan also held a press conference to clarify that he was being framed, that he had never ordered Zhou Zhonglin to do any such thing.

However, since Zhou Zhonglin had previously worked under Gu Yuan, clearing his name wasn't easy.

Even if some people believed Gu Yuan's words, there were still many voices calling for a re-election of the Grand General. Under pressure from politicians and the public, the military had no choice but to hold a vote to re-elect the Grand General.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar