Senin, 09 Maret 2026

Mrs. Legend Chapter 364

Chapter 364 - The Truth

Feng Jingteng finished giving some instructions to his squad members, then followed the sergeant to the military hovercar that Gu Yuan was riding in. The moment he saw Gu Yuan, he immediately saluted: "Greetings, Grand General."


Gu Yuan smiled and waved Feng Jingteng over, signaling him to get in the hovercar. "Jingteng, there's no one else here. Just call me Uncle."


"Yes, Uncle." Feng Jingteng sat down inside the hovercar.


The interior of the hovercar reserved for a grand general was very spacious, capable of holding twenty people. Rows of chairs lined both sides, and a long table sat in the center of the vehicle, holding several plates of pastries and fruit.


Gu Yuan looked at the talented young man sitting across from him and chuckled softly: "Jingteng, it's been a long time since we've sat down like this to talk. You know I've always regarded you as my own son, and I've raised you to be talented with that in mind. I did all this hoping that one day, you would become my right-hand man."


Feng Jingteng said calmly: "I have always regarded you as a father too, Uncle. That's why I hope you won't hurt the people I care about most."


Hearing this, Gu Yuan's eyes suddenly narrowed, and the smile froze at the corners of his mouth.


The atmosphere inside the hovercar instantly dropped below freezing point.


After a long moment, Gu Yuan finally laughed: "It seems you already know some things. There's no need for me to beat around the bush with you anymore."


His smile was cold and distant, no longer as warm and friendly as before.


"Uncle, if you have something to say, just say it directly."


Gu Yuan stopped pretending to be kind and amiable. He withdrew his smile and asked directly: "I know that three years ago, you bought a shapeshifter at the Beast Arena. This shapeshifter can secrete a type of stealth fluid. So, I want to ask you for it. Of course, I'll also pay you the corresponding credits. I definitely won't shortchange you."


Hearing this, Feng Jingteng was completely certain that Gu Yuan was the one who had captured Professor Li, Professor Mo, and the others. "That shapeshifter was burned by Chuanqi."


Gu Yuan clearly didn't believe him. "How could it have been burned? Such a precious exotic beast, who would be willing to burn it? Jingteng, are you worried that I'll use the stealth fluid against the Mei family? Is that why you're lying to me, saying the shapeshifter was burned?"


A flicker of disappointment passed through Feng Jingteng's eyes.


From beginning to end, he hadn't heard Gu Yuan mention Mei Chuanqi even once. It was clear he didn't regard his partner as part of his own circle.


"Whether you believe it or not, Uncle, that shapeshifter really was burned."


Seeing that he was unwilling to hand over the shapeshifter, Gu Yuan's expression turned cold: "Feng Jingteng, do you have any idea how important this shapeshifter is to me? I absolutely must obtain it. If you still consider yourself a member of the Gu family, you should know where your loyalties lie and hand over the shapeshifter."


Feng Jingteng's face darkened: "Uncle, what will it take for you to believe that the shapeshifter was burned? Do you want to get a lie detector and test me, to see if I'm lying?"


Gu Yuan: "..."


He could see that Feng Jingteng didn't seem to be lying, and he could also see the anger Feng Jingteng was suppressing. He couldn't help but soften his tone and ask: "It's really burned?"


Instead of answering, Feng Jingteng asked a question: "Uncle, I'm curious, why are you suddenly targeting the Mei family? As far as I know, the Mei family's ancestor contributed a great deal of effort behind the scenes to help you reach the position of grand general."


Gu Yuan sneered coldly: "It was only right for him to give me a push from behind. Do you remember how I once told you that our Gu family seems cursed? Most of our family members have died on the battlefield. Otherwise, our Gu family wouldn't still be just a small family to this day."


Feng Jingteng remembered the words spoken when he had taken his partner and son to visit his uncle before the wedding feast.


"The truth is, our Gu family members all died for the Mei family. In every battle, wasn't it always the Mei family members acting as commanders behind the scenes, while our Gu family members charged ahead? And in the end, all we got was the title of martyr, while the Mei family members kept getting promoted, over and over again."


His eyes reddened as he looked at Feng Jingteng: "My grandfather is the best example. He was utterly loyal to Mei Feichen, yet he was captured by the military research institute, with Mei Feichen's knowledge, and used for experiments. They turned him into something neither human nor beast, and his descendants were left weak and frail."


The more Gu Yuan spoke, the more agitated he became: "And my father and mother, they also died on the battlefield because of the Mei family. It left me, a young child, being passed around like a soccer ball among relatives, with no one willing to take me in. Although Mei Feichen later sent me to your grandfather's house to be raised, I couldn't accept it. I was unwilling to accept it."


Feng Jingteng frowned deeply.


He didn't agree with the idea that the Gu family members had all died for the Mei family.


If everyone thought like Gu Yuan did, then after this great war with the Zerg, where nearly two million soldiers had died, wouldn't the families of all those martyrs have to hate him, as the supreme commander?


And as for the great-grandfather being taken for experiments, his uncle had clearly said before that the military research institute had taken him while the Mei family patriarch was away. It had nothing to do with him. So why was he also blaming this matter on the Mei family?


"Uncle, framing Chuanqi and having him imprisoned, was that also because of your hatred for the Mei family? I think he was just an ordinary soldier, not worth all the effort you went to, finding people to frame him." 


Hearing him mention Mei Chuanqi, Gu Yuan suppressed his anger and snorted coldly: "Back then, he led three thousand mech soldiers and, together with your team, fought back the Zerg. His performance was exceptionally outstanding, which made me suspicious of him."


"Then, I checked his information. His gene level is only B, and his physique is only level 5. There's no way he could operate a mech with such quick reactions. So, I speculated that either his abilities were being suppressed by a device, or he had beastman genes like you do."


"After that, I looked into his identity and noticed something unusual. Especially the fact that Mei Chuanqi's mother was called Si An. That made me even more certain that Mei Chuanqi couldn't possibly be Mei Zhengjun's son."


Speaking up to this point, Gu Yuan laughed scornfully: "The reason a single name made me suspicious was because I had heard my grandmother mention once that among the beastmen captured from the beastman Planet, there was a man named An Si, an exceptionally beautiful man. Later, I heard from your grandfather that the military research institute was burned down by Mei Feichen. Then, based on these two pieces of information, I hypothesized that Mei Feichen destroyed the research institute for the sake of An Si, and that Mei Chuanqi was very likely the child of Mei Feichen and An Si. To avoid suspicion, they probably had him adopted into Mei Zhengjun's family. As for the name of the woman who supposedly gave birth to Mei Zhengjun's child, it was just An Si's name reversed." 


"The more I thought about it, the more possible it seemed. So I came up with a plan to frame Mei Chuanqi, to force Mei Feichen to act. Seeing his own son imprisoned, there was no way he wouldn't act to save him. But I never expected that the person who would get Mei Chuanqi released early would be you."


Gu Yuan looked at Feng Jingteng with some disappointment: "I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I approved your application documents. Who would have thought you weren't only willing to sacrifice a large amount of merit to get him out of prison, but you also registered your marriage with Mei Chuanqi. And then, there's the biological son. I'm still very puzzled about when you two actually met. How could your relationship be so good that you were willing to give up so much for him?


Of course, he couldn't find out how Mei Chuanqi and Feng Jingteng had met.


Back then, when Mei Chuanqi ran away from home, the Mei family had blocked all information. Moreover, when Mei Chuanqi was in Z City, everyone called him Qiqi or Xiao Qi. They had no idea what his real name was. So, it wasn't strange that he couldn't find out.


"You framed Chuanqi just because of that?" Feng Jingteng found it somewhat hard to believe. "Then why did you capture my child for experiments?"


Since he had already revealed this much, Gu Yuan didn't intend to hide anything anymore: "Xiunan's grandfather was once a member of the military research institute. This led Xiunan to be very interested in beastmen from a young age. So, after Mei Feichen announced that Mei Weixian had exceptional gene and special physique, he came up with the idea of researching him. Later, after hearing me say that Mei Chuanqi might have beastman genes, he became even more determined to capture Mei Weixian for research. Gu Junqing was captured by him once for a blood draw and a brain scan, all to determine if Gu Junqing had beastman genes, or if he knew whether Mei Chuanqi and Mei Weixian had beastman genes."


Feng Jingteng: "..."


The Xiunan Uncle was talking about... that has to be Che Xiunan, Si Jiantang's uncle, right?


And why is my uncle calling him so intimately by his first name? Are they friends? Or...


Gu Yuan saw his confusion and stated bluntly: "Xiunan is my lover."


Feng Jingteng: "..."


He had been by Gu Yuan's side for many years, yet he hadn't known about this.


"Uncle, did you ever consider that when you captured Mei Weixian, he was also my son?"


Feng Jingteng looked at him with reddened eyes.


Gu Yuan calmly looked away: "It was just for research, we weren't going to kill him. Once the research was done, we would naturally release him back to the Mei family. As your uncle, how could I possibly harm your child?"


Feng Jingteng sneered inwardly.


Those words sounded nice, but there was no way he would believe them.


Seeing that he wasn't responding, Gu Yuan spoke again: "Jingteng, even if Mei Chuanqi is your partner, your heart shouldn't lean toward the Mei family. They are not your family, and they won't treat you like family either. Your only family is me. So, don't get your priorities wrong."

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar