Jumat, 06 Maret 2026

Mrs. Legend Chapter 361

Chapter 361: I Trust You

Mei Chuanqi and Feng Jingteng arrived at Mei Feichen's study. As soon as they sat down, they heard Mei Feichen ask, "Do you still remember Fei Jin?"

Mei Chuanqi was slightly stunned: "Of course I remember him, Father. Why did you suddenly mention him?"

Last time, after the explosion occurred at Lian Zeyang's Hotel, the patriarch used some methods to send Fei Jin out on a dangerous mission, and he still hasn't returned yet.

Feng Jingteng frowned and asked, "Did Fei Jin come back? Or did he cause some other trouble again?"

Mei Feichen smiled slightly: "He didn't cause any trouble. However, this person is still somewhat capable. Since being sent out on the mission, he's still alive and well."

Feng Jingteng said flatly, "Fei Jin has S-level genes and level 19 physical fitness, with a synchronization rate reaching over ninety percent. If he died that easily, it would be a waste of his good conditions."

Mei Chuanqi asked suspiciously, "Father, why did you suddenly mention Fei Jin?"

He believed that Mei Feichen suddenly bringing up Fei Jin meant that whatever he was going to say must be related to Fei Jin.

Mei Feichen tapped his fingers lightly on the leather sofa as he asked, "Do you know why the military court didn't publicize the matter of Fei Jin taking away your military merits?"

Half a month ago in court, Feng Jingteng didn't directly name Fei Jin out of consideration for his uncle, since it was Gu Yuan who had assigned Fei Jin to his position in the first place. Feng Jingteng was worried that this matter might involve Gu Yuan, so he didn't name Fei Jin in front of the live broadcast.

Mei Chuanqi hummed softly: "Father means that Feng Jingteng's uncle suppressed the news?"

Thinking about it again, he felt it wasn't right. Mei Feichen actively brought up Fei Jin; it was very likely that the matter was related to Mei Feichen. So he asked again, "Or is it related to Father?"

Mei Feichen stopped being mysterious and said directly, "It was indeed me who asked the court personnel not to spread the news."

Mei Chuanqi and Feng Jingteng were startled: "Why?"

They didn't think the patriarch was a kind-hearted person who would help cover up this matter, especially for someone who had taken away his son's military merits.

"I promised him that as long as he told me who instigated him to steal Chuanqi's military merits, I would not go after his child and partner, and I would even protect his reputation for him."

Mei Chuanqi: "..."

Sure enough, someone who could rise to the position of grand general and lead the Mei family to its peak could never be a pushover.

Feng Jingteng asked, "So, did you find out who this person is?"

"He cares so much about his partner and child, of course he was willing to tell me who this person is."

Mei Chuanqi didn't quite believe Fei Jin's words: "Maybe the person he named is lying to you, Father."

Mei Feichen shook his head: "I had him speak while connected to a lie detector. However, because I was worried someone might be monitoring my optical brain, I didn't have my people record the scene of testing Fei Jin and send it to me."

Mei Chuanqi: "..."

Mei Feichen glanced at Feng Jingteng: "Before I reveal this person's name, I have something to say to Jingteng."

Upon hearing this, Mei Chuanqi and Feng Jingteng probably guessed who Mei Feichen was about to name.

"Jingteng, you've been married to Chuanqi for several years now. I've seen how good you are to Chuanqi. Especially how you used your military merits to exchange for Chuanqi's release from prison, which moved me deeply as his father. So, the fact that I called you to the study shows that I trust you."

Feng Jingteng pressed his lips together tightly.

Mei Feichen sighed: "Now that I've said this much, you should also know who I'm talking about. To be honest, his rise to his current position was actually pushed forward by me from behind. So, even now, I find it hard to believe that he did all these things. I don't even know why he targeted the Mei family..."

He had watched Gu Yuan grow up, after all. He never understood how Gu Yuan could have turned out this way.

Mei Feichen placed a stack of documents on the table: "This is the result of my investigation. He was also the one who arranged for Chuanqi's imprisonment. No wonder, back then, when we tried to understand the situation of Chuanqi's imprisonment, we met with obstacles at every level."

With Gu Yuan orchestrating things behind the scenes, it was no wonder the military court and the Black Prison could repeatedly block Mei Zhendong from visiting the prison.

Seeing Feng Jingteng sitting motionless in his seat, Mei Chuanqi picked up the documents himself and looked through them.

Mei Feichen explained: "Some things weren't investigated very clearly. However, all the evidence still point towards..."

He glanced at Feng Jingteng and didn't continue.

Mei Chuanqi looked at the documents. The names inside—Fei Jin, Wen Qilian, Pang Rongli, Che Xiunan, Zhou Zhonglin, etc.—were all inextricably linked to Gu Yuan. Moreover, without a very in-depth investigation, one simply couldn't trace it back to Gu Yuan.

Mei Feichen looked at Feng Jingteng: "Jingteng, I know you're in a difficult position. On one side is your uncle, on the other side is your partner. You can't make a choice. So, when conflict arises between us, you can choose not to help either side. We won't blame you."

Feng Jingteng clenched his fists.

Even if he truly couldn't make a choice, he couldn't just sit back and do nothing, watching coldly as the Mei family dealt with his own uncle, nor could he watch coldly as his uncle harmed his partner.

Mei Chuanqi closed the documents: "What does Father plan to do next?"

Mei Feichen glanced at Feng Jingteng: "Of course, first find an opportunity to remove him from his position."

Once Gu Yuan was stripped of his authority, he wouldn't be able to cause any more trouble.

Mei Chuanqi sighed: "Father, investigating Grand General Gu like this, he will definitely notice. So, we have to be quick."

"I know."

After all, Gu Yuan was Feng Jingteng's uncle, so it wasn't appropriate for them to discuss schemes against Gu Yuan in front of him. Of course, it wasn't that they didn't trust Feng Jingteng, but rather they worried that hearing too much would make him feel uncomfortable.

Back in their room after leaving Mei Feichen's study, Feng Jingteng finally asked, "Chuanqi, if my uncle ends up in your hands, what will you do to him?"

Mei Chuanqi joked, "Are you so confident in the Mei family's ability to bring down your grand general uncle?"

Seeing the serious look on Feng Jingteng's face, he restrained his smile, put his arm around Feng Jingteng's waist, and said, "When the time comes, I will beg my father to hand your uncle over to you for disposal."

Feng Jingteng looked at him in surprise.

Mei Chuanqi said seriously, "I didn't just say that casually. I've been thinking about this since last time when Weiwei was taken away."

He didn't want Feng Jingteng's uncle to become an obstacle between them. Besides, he didn't believe Feng Jingteng could handle this matter well on his own.

"What if your father disagrees..."

Mei Chuanqi laughed: "If Father disagrees, I'll go beg Dad. With Dad stepping in, Father will definitely surrender."

Feng Jingteng suddenly raised his hand and tightly embraced his partner.

Mei Chuanqi was almost squeezed breathless: "Don't get too happy too early. It's possible that the Mei family might lose to your uncle."

Feng Jingteng didn't speak, just held him tightly like this.

Just then, the communicator rang.

Mei Chuanqi took out his communicator and looked at the caller ID; it showed Professor Mo: "Professor Mo?"

After a while, he remembered that this Professor Mo was a researcher from the Beast Arena. 

"It's Professor Mo from the Beast Arena calling." Mei Chuanqi said to Feng Jingteng.

Feng Jingteng loosened his grip: "Answer it."

Mei Chuanqi answered the communicator: "Hello, this is Mei Chuanqi."

"Major Mei, it's me, Professor Mo from the Beast Arena."

Because Mei Chuanqi had only received the compensation notice and hadn't officially been promoted yet, he was still being addressed as Major Mei.

Mei Chuanqi chuckled lightly: "Oh, it's Professor Mo. So, what can I do for you, Professor Mo?"

Actually, he had already roughly guessed why Professor Mo was looking for him.

Back then, because he was about to join the military, he had left Yun Xian's contact information with Professor Mo and the others, telling them that if they ever needed the Shapeshifter's fluid, they should contact Yun Xian.

Now, Yun Xian had burned the Shapeshifter. After Professor Mo found out about this, he would definitely come looking for him.

"Major Mei, do you still remember the agreement from back then? Whenever we needed the Shapeshifter's fluid, you would give us some?"

"I certainly remember this matter. However, about half a month ago, I had someone burn the Shapeshifter. I no longer have any fluid to supply you with now."

Professor Mo exclaimed in panic: "Burned it? How could you burn it?"

Mei Chuanqi retorted, "The Shapeshifter is mine, why can't I burn it? Besides, over these past few years, the Shapeshifter's fluid my friend has supplied to you is enough for you to research for several hundred years. You don't need that much fluid anymore, right?"

"No... that's not it. That's not what I meant. I just think, since the Shapeshifter is so precious, how could you bear to burn it, Major Mei? Or... or did you, Major Mei, consider keeping it for yourself?"

Mei Chuanqi's expression darkened: "Professor Mo, what do you mean by that? Are you suspecting that I'm unwilling to supply you with the Shapeshifter's fluid anymore? And what you said about keeping it for myself is just ridiculous! The Shapeshifter was always mine. There's no such thing as 'keeping it for myself'—that doesn't even make sense."

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar