Minggu, 01 Maret 2026

Mrs. Legend Chapter 356

Chapter 356: The Trial Begins (6)

Everyone in the court was stunned.

Seeing the middle-aged man that Feng Jingteng had hastily brought into the courtroom, confusion flashed across everyone's faces.

Mei Chuanqi, in particular, was curious. He didn't know this rough-looking, richly dressed man at all, yet somehow he had become his witness.

Feng Jingteng introduced him to the judge: "Your Honor, this is Mr. Yan Zizuo, the president of the City A Commercial Guild. He has brought a chip for my partner, Mei Chuanqi, that can prove his innocence." 

As soon as Mei Chuanqi heard the middle-aged man was the president of the Commercial Guild, he vaguely guessed what the chip was about.

He Jun and the others probably also guessed the chip's origin, staring at Yan Zizuo with red-rimmed eyes.

No one had ever imagined that the timid and fearful Yu Tianyi would have actually designated the chip to Yan Zizuo, the president of the Commercial Guild.

Yan Zizuo handed a document to the judge: "This is the formal letter of entrustment personally given by Captain Yu Tianyi on February 15th, Year 3318, which was Chinese New Year's Eve. Please examine it, Your Honor."

The judge took the letter of entrustment, carefully scanned it, and read aloud: "I, Yu Tianyi, if I am ever unfortunately injured in action, die, or pass away, hereby entrust Mr. Yan Zizuo, president of the Commercial Guild, to present this chip on the day of Major Mei Chuanqi, the eldest young master of the Mei family, court session."

He turned the document so everyone could see its contents clearly: "This contains Yu Tianyi's fingerprint, signature, hair, as well as saliva and blood for identity verification."

Yan Zizuo then handed another document to the judge: "This is Captain Yu Tianyi's identification papers. When Captain Yu Tianyi was still a recruit, he was a teammate of Major Mei Chuanqi and fought alongside Major Mei Chuanqi against the Zerg. Later, he was promoted to captain and transferred to the military region in southern Central Asia."

Following that, he also handed a chip to the judge: "This chip can prove Major Mei Chuanqi's innocence."

The judge took the chip, examined it, and had the clerk insert it into the optical brain to play.

Soon, a projection showed Yu Tianyi wearing a military uniform, sitting on a sofa with a wry smile on his lips: "I am Yu Tianyi. I'm recording this video because I am overly timid and fearful, afraid that one day I might die at the hands of Major Wei Long."

"Seeing this, everyone must be wondering, Major Wei Long supposedly died on the battlefield long ago, so why be afraid of a dead man, right?"

Yu Tianyi chuckled: "Such a thing sounds truly ridiculous, but I'm not joking. I am indeed afraid of dying at the hands of Major Wei Long, because Major Wei Long isn't actually dead. After the great war with the Zerg, he underwent a series of plastic surgeries and became the current Lieutenant General Yang Changzheng."

Seeing this, the judge and the audience were astonished.

The faces of He Jun and the others immediately showed the words 'It's over.'

"So, I'm afraid of him. Afraid that one day, when I have no more use, he will discard me like he discarded Li Bing, or mercilessly torture me, or even kill me. Therefore, I want to record a video to threaten Major Wei Long, in order to save my own life."

Yu Tianyi turned the lens to the left, letting everyone see a brain scanning device placed in the center of the hall.

"Make sure you record all the useful footage for me later, got it?" Yu Tianyi in the projection said to someone unknown.

"Are you really sure you want to do this?" The speaker deliberately lowered their voice, making it impossible to recognize their original tone.

Yu Tianyi sneered: "Think about it, of the three thousand soldiers sent out, less than fifty remain. You can see how cruel Wei Long's methods are. Can I afford not to prepare some safeguards?"

"Since you're so afraid of him, why do you still follow him?"

"Because those who don't follow him are all dead." Yu Tianyi lay down on the gurney. "And don't worry, I'm definitely not the only one doing this. I believe Deng Fei and Cheng Jianwen have probably recorded videos to save their own skins too."

The people in the court saw this and silently turned their gaze towards Deng Fei and Cheng Jianwen.

Deng Fei and Cheng Jianwen kept their heads lowered, making it impossible to tell what they were thinking.

On the projection, the person helping Yu Tianyi scan his brain memories was wrapped up tightly, wearing a white coat, his face covered in white cloth, and sunglasses over his eyes.

He spoke to the camera: "Today's date is May 16th, Universal Year 3315. Officially beginning the brain memory scan for Yu Tianyi."

He turned around, first gave Yu Tianyi an injection of sedative, then attached the scanning leads to Yu Tianyi's head, and finally activated the scanner to capture Yu Tianyi's memories.

The first memories scanned were of the Zerg War, identical to the memories scanned from Li Bing: the three thousand soldiers were all enticed and threatened, leading some to gradually compromise and falsely accuse Mei Chuanqi of desertion.

Just before they went to court to testify against Mei Chuanqi, the team leader who came to pick them up told Yu Tianyi to find Deng Fei, Cheng Jianwen, He Jun, and the others to gather at the dormitory building. Then, he found them under a big tree on the military parade ground.

"Cheng Jianwen, He Jun, Deng Fei! What are you doing over there? The team leader told us to assemble at the dormitory building!"

He Jun, Deng Fei, and Cheng Jianwen, who were under the big tree, dramatically changed expression when they heard someone calling them and quickly made 'shush' gestures.

Yu Tianyi walked over to them puzzled: "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong!" The answer came from two people walking out from behind the big tree.

These two were among the seventeen captains standing on the defendant's platform, named Fang Ziming and Xie Hao.

Yu Tianyi looked at them, utterly confused.

Cheng Jianwen and the others immediately apologized: "Sorry, we didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation."

Fang Ziming said: "Since you've heard us talking, you have to join us, otherwise..."

Cheng Jianwen and the others heard the threat in Fang Ziming's tone, their faces turning very ugly as they glared angrily at Yu Tianyi. If it weren't for him, they wouldn't have been discovered.

He Jun pointed at Yu Tianyi: "He... he has to join too."

Yu Tianyi really didn't understand what they were talking about: "Join what?"

Cheng Jianwen said irritably: "We just overheard Fang Ziming and Xie Hao talking about Wei Long not being dead, and that he even had plastic surgery to become Lieutenant General Yang Changzheng. Now, I very warmly welcome you to join us."

Yu Tianyi was completely dumbfounded.

Xie Hao snorted with laughter: "Look at him, he's so happy he's gone stupid."

Cheng Jianwen and the others forced a laugh, heh heh.

Afterwards, Cheng Jianwen and the others sided with Xie Hao and the others, but they didn't gain Wei Long's trust as much as Xie Hao's group did. So, when they were promoted to junior officers and transferred to central Central Asia, they couldn't stay by Wei Long's side as closely as Xie Hao and the others could.

However, Wei Long didn't treat them badly either; their speed of military promotion was just as fast as Xie Hao's group.

At the very end of the projected video, Yu Tianyi appeared alone again, looking mockingly at the camera: "Today is February 15th, Universal Year 3318, Chinese New Year's Eve. I'm recording this now because Cheng Jianwen, He Jun, and Deng Fei actually suspect me of secretly contacting Mei Chuanqi. They think I accepted benefits from Mei Chuanqi and sold out the truth from back then to him."

He gave a light scoff: "After all these years together, and they think I'm the kind of person who would betray friends for small favors. But, their suspicion is understandable too. Who asked me to have indeed accepted benefits back then before testifying against Mei Chuanqi in court? Now, their suspicion is probably Heaven's punishment for me."

Hearing this, Cheng Jianwen and He Jun, standing on the defendant's platform, felt a heavy, unpleasant feeling in their hearts.

Back then, they were also worried about being expelled from the military and going to jail, which made their suspicions so strong.

The mockery on Yu Tianyi's face grew, even carrying a trace of sorrow: "I know that after they suspect me, they'll find a way to get rid of me. So, knowing I might not live much longer, I took advantage of the holiday to come to the Commercial Guild and retrieve the chip I had stored here. This chip contains videos that are detrimental to Lieutenant General Yang Changzheng and his people."

"Originally, I wanted to use the chip to threaten Lieutenant General Yang Changzheng, to make him spare my life. But after thinking it over, I realized that even if I used the chip to threaten him, given how ruthless he is, he might not let me off anyway. So, this is your lucky break, Mei Chuanqi."

Yu Tianyi gave a bitter laugh: "I don't know how you managed to make Cheng Jianwen and the others suspicious of me. But since I'm a dying man, I'll leave the chip to you. While you clear your name, also get revenge for me. Don't let Yang Changzheng off easily. Also, I hope you can give Cheng Jianwen, He Jun, and Deng Fei a chance to redeem themselves. They were also threatened and forced to testify against you back then. Afterwards, worried about their own futures, they just got deeper and deeper in, unable to turn back. Look at me, I'm the perfect example."

Cheng Jianwen, He Jun, and Deng Fei suddenly looked up, staring at Yu Tianyi in disbelief.

They had suspected him so much, yet he still spoke up for them.

"Mei Chuanqi, you must be wondering why I'm speaking for them. It's because I can understand how they've felt all these years. Finally, I want to say sorry to you. I've always felt quite guilty towards you, I just never dared to tell anyone, could only bury it deep in my heart. I don't know if I'll live to see the day your case is overturned, so I'll wish you success in overturning it here and now."

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar