Chapter 161 I'm Not That Kind of Pervert
Mo Quancang frowned slightly: "Aren’t you going to call for someone?"
Wu He stared at him in disbelief: "Brother Cang, are you serious?"
Mo Quancang shot back: "Do I look like I’m joking?"
Zhou Shanshan asked: "Brother Cang, you’re not making us call him that just to mess with Zhuang Jinling, are you?"
Zhuang Jinling gave a stiff smile: "Just to mess with me?"
Mo Quancang’s expression darkened instantly: "When did I ever say that?"
Zhou Shanshan hurriedly explained: "No, no, that was just my own assumption."
"If you don’t know how to talk, then don’t talk nonsense. Brother Cang, A-Shan and I will go buy Zhuang Jinling another bowl of porridge. You two take your time." Wu He quickly dragged Zhou Shanshan away.
Zhuang Jinling pushed Mo Quancang away: "You still haven’t answered my question."
Mo Quancang tightened his embrace again: "I didn’t mean to deceive you. At the time, when I heard from Zhou Shanshan that you were going on a date with another woman, I panicked. I was afraid you’d run off with someone else, but my physical condition was unstable, so I couldn’t go after you myself. That’s why I had Zhou Shanshan and the others lie to you—to make you worry about me for a few days so you wouldn’t be in the mood to date anyone else. Honestly, I was gambling, betting that you cared about me. I wasn’t sure if you actually did, but I hoped this would stir up your hidden feelings for me."
Zhuang Jinling frowned: "Then where have you been all these days?"
"My memory has been severely unstable lately. Sometimes I remember being your partner, sometimes I think I’m Beiyin Cangmo, and other times I’m just the version of me who lost his memories—the one who’s been hostile to you for over a year. So I went to see a specialist to fix this. He’s been helping me restore my memories these past few days. Just as my memories were finally merging, I got a message from Zhou Shanshan saying you’d fainted, so I rushed back."
Zhuang Jinling hesitated before asking: "What about those memories as Beiyin Cangmo? Did you also transmigrate into the book?"
"Transmigrate into the book?" Mo Quancang chuckled.
Zhuang Jinling snapped: "What’s so funny?"
"Though I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with you or what exactly happened in between, one thing I’m certain of is that we were both set up. And it definitely wasn’t what you call ‘transmigrating into a book.’"
Zhuang Jinling froze: "If not that, then what?"
Mo Quancang pointed at his own face: "Kiss me first, then I’ll tell you."
Zhuang Jinling’s eye twitched: "Do you believe I can beat you so badly even your own mother won’t recognize you?"
Mo Quancang said sadly: "When I was Beiyin Cangmo, you were so proactive. Now that we’re back, you’ve changed."
Zhuang Jinling rolled his eyes: "Right now, to me, you’re my sworn enemy. Do you really think I can bring myself to kiss you? Also, if you don’t start talking, let go of me. Otherwise, I can’t guarantee what I’ll do to you."
"Fine, I won’t push you. I just hope you remember everything soon." Mo Quancang smiled wryly, a mix of amusement and sorrow. "The reason I say it’s not transmigration goes back to the day I graduated. My father said there was a secret mission for me—to lie in a hibernation pod. He didn’t explain what it was for. After I fell asleep, I became Beiyin Cangmo, but I lost all memories of being Mo Quancang. Before meeting you, everything I experienced was identical to the events in The Legend of Martial God. It wasn’t until I met you that things changed."
Zhuang Jinling recalled that the early chapters of The Legend of Martial God mainly depicted the male protagonist being bullied in his teens: "When you entered The Legend of Martial God, how old was Beiyin Cangmo?"
"Just born."
Zhuang Jinling was shocked: "You spent twenty-eight years in that world before meeting me?"
"Yes." Mo Quancang thought for a moment, then asked: "By the way, where did that world’s Yaya come from? Why did she look exactly like Beiyin Cangmo?"
"She said she was a system. I always thought she was, until I met your sister and heard what you just said..."
"My sister?" Mo Quancang paused before laughing. "Mo Qintong isn’t my sister, she’s our daughter. After we lost our memories, neither of us remembered being married, so of course we forgot Yaya was our daughter. My grandfather and the others were worried that if I saw you as an enemy, I might also hurt Yaya, so they lied and told me she was my sister. But that kid insisted on calling me Daddy. I spanked her a few times over it, which made her furious."
Zhuang Jinling couldn’t help but laugh at the thought of Yaya’s tantrums: "Now I suspect the Yaya from that world might have entered a hibernation pod like you did, following me around as a ‘system.’"
Mo Quancang remembered how, on the day they arrived at the military base, Yaya had called him "Scumbag Dad" and Zhuang Jinling "Daddy." He grinned: "That really might be the case."
Zhuang Jinling suddenly asked: "What happened after?"
Mo Quancang was confused: "After what?"
"After I left that world, how did you live? Did you marry someone else?"
"Now I’m really mad." Mo Quancang wanted to hit him but couldn’t bring himself to. His face darkened: "When you went to save your father, why didn’t you wait for me? Why did you use such an extreme method? Why trade your life for his? Did you ever think about how I’d feel? Did you consider what would become of me after losing you?"
Seeing his eyes redden with emotion, Zhuang Jinling quickly explained: "I was about to disappear, so I wanted to save my father before I did. That’s why I acted so recklessly."
"Disappear?" Mo Quancang asked: "You mean you were returning to this world?"
Zhuang Jinling nodded: "Yes."
"So you didn’t actually fall into the furnace?"
"I vanished right before hitting it."
Mo Quancang pressed further: "Did you know in advance you’d disappear? Is that why you left me a pile of purified crystal spars and had Aunt Qiao make me longevity noodles?"
After a pause, Zhuang Jinling nodded.
"Why didn’t you tell me the truth? I trusted you so much—why keep this from me? If you had, maybe I wouldn’t have been so heartbroken. I might’ve even returned to this world sooner."
"Because I didn’t know how to bring it up. I was afraid you’d hate me if I told you certain things."
Mo Quancang was curious: "What could you have done that would make me hate you?"
Since they were no longer in the book and shared a different bond in this world, Zhuang Jinling confessed to altering the narrative: "I was afraid you’d think I only got close to you to use you, so I didn’t tell you everything."
Mo Quancang took a deep breath: "If I were just Beiyin Cangmo, I’d be furious—absolutely livid. So you were right to hide it. Otherwise, we’d have gone through even more turmoil, and things might’ve ended much worse."
That said, he was still angry on behalf of his past self as Beiyin Cangmo—but not now. Once Zhuang Jinling remembered everything, they’d settle their accounts properly.
Zhuang Jinling blinked: "You really mean that?"
Mo Quancang changed the subject: "Then why didn’t you tell me you were disappearing?"
"Because I didn’t want our last days together to be filled with grief. Besides, I thought you only saw me as a friend. If I died, you’d be sad for a while, but once you married someone else and had kids, you’d forget about me. So whether I disappeared or not wouldn’t matter."
"Who said you were just a friend?" Mo Quancang was genuinely furious. He pinched Zhuang Jinling’s cheek: "Did you ever stop to think—do people kiss their ‘friends’? Do they want to sleep with their ‘friends’?"
"I thought you were just curious, wanting to try what it was like with a man."
Mo Quancang scoffed: "I’m not that kind of pervert."
Zhuang Jinling grew irritated too: "If you liked me, why didn’t you say so? You left me heartbroken, worrying you’d marry someone else."
Mo Quancang sighed helplessly: "I thought my actions made it obvious enough. I even said I wanted to sleep with you—how could you not get it? You’re not usually this dense."
"It’s The Legend of Martial God’s fault! The protagonist in that book only likes women and even has a harem. I thought you were the same."
"After spending so much time with me, you still didn’t understand me? Do I seem like the harem type?"
"You didn’t act like it later, but I still thought you preferred women. If you liked me, you should’ve known I misunderstood. Why didn’t you confess?"
Mo Quancang sighed again: "I wanted to establish myself in the capital first, then propose and give you a grand wedding. I kept it a secret to surprise you. How was I supposed to know things would turn out like this?"
"After I left, did you remarry?"
Mo Quancang glared: "I was in so much pain I wanted to follow you to the grave. Do you think I had the heart to remarry?"
"Oh… Then what happened to you?" Zhuang Jinling asked guiltily.
Mo Quancang recalled those days: "Even though I held a funeral for you, I never believed you were dead. You once said your soul had moved from another body into Zhuang Jinling’s, so I kept waiting, hoping your soul would enter another body. Once, after waiting too long, I posted a public message online begging you to come back. My grandfather and everyone else thought I’d lost my mind. No one understood except Yaya. I barely slept—whether my eyes were open or closed, all I could think about was you. By the time I hit thirty, my temples were already gray. From behind, people mistook me for an old man. My grandfather couldn’t stand it and tried setting me up with women, but my heart only had room for you. When that didn’t work, he found boys who looked like you, just so I’d move on."
Zhuang Jinling’s heart ached with a mix of pity and frustration: "You didn’t touch any of them, right?"
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar